Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Blogger Upgrade

Blogger, home of this blog is going to get an upgrade. I have used Blogger for the last couple of years as it suits my text mostly blogging style. So far my only complaint has been about Google's segregated indexing (and a spell checker that seems to work against both Blogger and Google). Many others have been less patient.

The bad news is that the new Blogger will be integrated with Google Accounts. Recently, I wrote about how I had been forced to give up my identity to Yahoo. Now, it looks like Larry and Sergey are going to get a bit of my identity as well. Barry Diller has a piece of me and Rupert has all my kids nailed down in their own little spaces. Whatever happened to freedom?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh puhleeeze.

You're getting free software. In order to use it, you have to have an account.

Don't want to make the trade? Host a copy of wordpress yourself.

But, please, don't whine about your (or your children's) loss of freedom. Blogger is many things, but it isn't a threat to freedom.